Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2016, 05:36 AM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA_G20 View Post
The place is called TNT it's in new Jersey 1-844-868-7278

Home
Thanks for the info.
I just got off the phone with them.
They have never heard the eng run....and no warranty.

I think we will pass on that one.
Thanks

If anyone knows of one please let us know.

My Beast 2004 Boxster SE #0174
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Muskoka Minute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
What kind of shipping quotes are you getting? I use freightquote.com. They have good pricing and offer insurance. Most freight companies will only reimburse you the scrap value of the used automotive part you're shipping. So if they lose or damage it, you're only getting a few bucks for your $3000 motor. If you call them and talk to a representative, they might give you an even better rate. Ask for Shannon Miller 800.323.5441 x6764
Thanks for the info

As it turns out it is the eng that GTA G20 put me onto.
My mechanic was after the same one and I guess when they found out it was no good
they passed on the deal and told me it was a shipping issue.

Please let us know if you have something or hear of something.

Cheers! Bart
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #23

Sorry man, I was looking for an engine for an '04 I was gonna buy and then the car sale didnt materializze so I didnt move forward with the motor.

I did find others but again the price was creeping up and I wasnt willing to go over $3k usd which they were asking
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka Minute View Post
Please let us know if you have something or hear of something.

Cheers! Bart
I checked where I get the majority of my vehicles and there wasn't anything coming up in the near future. No 2.7, 3.2, 3.6 or 3.8 that where in my buying area. Another suggestion I have is that you get the engine shipped to Buffalo and go pick it up down there. Just the act of crossing the border will possibly save you a few hundred. I'd also say it's a Subaru engine worth $500 when you cross back too. Just make sure the intake is off first
Old 11-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #25

Garage
Quote:
I checked where I get the majority of my vehicles and there wasn't anything coming up in the near future. No 2.7, 3.2, 3.6 or 3.8 that where in my buying area. Another suggestion I have is that you get the engine shipped to Buffalo and go pick it up down there. Just the act of crossing the border will possibly save you a few hundred. I'd also say it's a Subaru engine worth $500 when you cross back too. Just make sure the intake is off first
Where in Buffalo would you ship it to?
I just got a quote from freight quote for $1200 Canadian.

Please advise

Thanks
Old 11-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #26
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:

Please advise

Thanks
If you are dealing with a good commercial scrap yard, they should be able to arrange the freight to a city of your choice. The freight hauler will probably have a preferred facility in that city. I just bought an Audi engine from a wrecker in Ohio. My freight cost to Oklahoma is $150. The wrecker arranged the shipping to the nearest freight facility - about 25 miles away from my home. I didn't have to make any arrangements or find a place to receive it. I just told them where I was and that I wanted it shipped. They took care of the rest.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:53 AM   #27

Quote:

Please advise

Thanks
$1200 is insanely high! Even half that is way too much. I'm not sure what figures you used but an engine on a pallet roughly weighs 425lbs and measures 39x34x31. I generally pay $200-450 to ship an engine. The cheapest is to have the engine dropped off and picked up at the freight company dock. Having the freight company pick up and delivered with a lift gate is the most expensive. You'll have to do some googling on where the freight companies are located in Buffalo and weigh your option on location vs price.
On another note, there's a 2003 2.7 I have my eye on. I should know something in a week, but don't wait on me to make a purchase.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:01 AM   #28

Garage
Quote:
$1200 is insanely high! Even half that is way too much. I'm not sure what figures you used but an engine on a pallet roughly weighs 425lbs and measures 39x34x31. I generally pay $200-450 to ship an engine. The cheapest is to have the engine dropped off and picked up at the freight company dock. Having the freight company pick up and delivered with a lift gate is the most expensive. You'll have to do some googling on where the freight companies are located in Buffalo and weigh your option on location vs price.
On another note, there's a 2003 2.7 I have my eye on. I should know something in a week, but don't wait on me to make a purchase.
Please keep me in the loop on that engine.

The guy called me on the week end and changed his quote to $445 CDN.
This is a lot more appealing to us.

I found an eng from Flat Rock Auto Parts in Murfreesboro TN..
Anybody ever have dealings with them? Any input Good or Bad!

Cheers!
Old 11-14-2016, 05:32 AM   #29
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
In case you are still looking for a carrier, here's the one that I'm picking up my engine from. I have used them twice before, they have been reliable and competitively priced: R+L Carriers | Freight shipping and logistics company