Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2016, 09:55 AM   #1

FS: USA M030 struts/springs from a 2000 S 6 speed with 123,000 miles

Update: All gone except the struts (just the shock.part, nothing else), the backs actually seem.pretty good, fronts are toast. Free for the cost of shipping if anyone wants them for any purpose. Otherwise headed for the dumpster

For sale are the struts off my car, a 2000 S with 6 speed; these were removed with approximately 123,000 miles on them. Now that I have got my KSports dialed in and I am happy with them, I don't need to save these as a backup anymore.

LOWER PRICE: $250 + PP fees for the 4 assembled struts with springs + shipping (I will post back with an estimate, it is heavy as #$%^ but I get a good shipping discount) or I can disassemble and ship only the springs to save on shipping. (Or local pickup in North FL)

I figure the primary value is the springs, followed by some of the cup washers and things that are kind of expensive but don't really wear out (of course if you are replacing yours, you have those same parts).

The white dot at the top of the springs means you can use the 3mm compensating plates instead of the taller (6.5mm?) plates.

Best I can tell with my color blind eyes is that the fronts are yellow/white and the backs are orange/brown. These don't seem to match the colors (in the fronts) according to the Bentley for a sport suspension, but a check of the various parts sites shows that the fronts are the same across the various base/S/Tip/Standard and yellow/white is the correct color for the fronts, with the back springs being different across the different combinations. Here is a parts chart showing the fronts:

Fronts: Suspension Shock Absorber Strut

Backs: Shock Absorber Coil Spring

Part numbers on the struts:

Front: 986 343 041 31 (looks like a previous revision, part # is up to 35 now?)
Back: 986 333 051 31

Anyway, the struts are very floaty and likely shot, and not rebuildable by Bilstien since it is a "budget" strut, (and I don't think Koni makes a cut a strut for this model since they sell a complete replacement) so the primary value is the springs, but everything is included.

Any questions let me know.

Steve

Last edited by steved0x; 10-01-2016 at 12:18 PM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #2

Lower price: $250 + PP fees for the 4 assembled struts with springs + shipping
Old 08-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #3

I am interested. Mainly in the springs, as you said. What part of N Florida, (might could pick up)?
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #4

I'm in Lake City, FL, where i-75 and i-10 meet. If that's not close I can take the springs off, if you want just the springs I will take them.off and I'll do free shipping.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #5

All gone except the struts, the backs actually seem.pretty good, fronts are toast. Free for the cost of shipping if anyone wants them for any purpose. Otherwise headed for the dumpster