Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 04:04 AM   #1

WTB- Dansk sport muffler for 2002 S

I know it's a long shot but anyone in the south east have one for sale ? I'm still playing around with the GHL to control resonance but I'm thinking a single can " may " be the way to go. OEM is too large/heavy in my opinion.

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #2

I have a Billy Boat muffler in excellent shape that I removed from my 2000 S. Much smaller and lighter than stock but mounts to the same points. Let me know if interested.
Sisu guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu guy View Post
I have a Billy Boat muffler in excellent shape that I removed from my 2000 S. Much smaller and lighter than stock but mounts to the same points. Let me know if interested.
Is this a single can or twin can muffler ? Any pics ? How much you asking ?
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 06-26-2016, 05:38 PM   #4

Do you have secondary cat delete pipes? (apologies for not remembering from your other threads). I am given to understand that they sometimes solve the drone from 2 can muffler systems.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:03 PM   #5

The Billy Boat is a single can, all stainless. It has dual chrome tips like a std. S muffler. Can't get photos to attach? But if you google it you can see it. They are still made. Sell for $1500 new. Make me an offer! I can email you actual photos.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Do you have secondary cat delete pipes? (apologies for not remembering from your other threads). I am given to understand that they sometimes solve the drone from 2 can muffler systems.
Yes I have cat delete pipes along with headers. I also have Sure Seal clamps at the joints . I added resonators in each cat delete pipe to try and tone down the resonance with minimal affect. I have added a pair of Car Chemistry inserts right after the resonators and that helps but it is still there. I may add another pair of inserts in the muffler outlet tips. May also consider a balance tube going from one muffler can to the other. Being a short stroke 3.6 the exhaust tone/note is quite different and I'm just trying to tune it , the sound from 3000 to 7000 is pure heaven I still have the OEM boat anchor but that would only go back on if all other efforts fail .
Old 06-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu guy View Post
The Billy Boat is a single can, all stainless. It has dual chrome tips like a std. S muffler. Can't get photos to attach? But if you google it you can see it. They are still made. Sell for $1500 new. Make me an offer! I can email you actual photos.
Did you have it installed on a car ? What did it sound like ? Some say the B&B has resonance was that the case ?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #8

Yes, it was on my 2000S when I purchased it @ 30K miles. Thought it was the stock muffler for a long time as the tips look like stock.
Yes, it does have a resonance between 2500-2900 RPM. Below that it growls and above that it sings!
I have read that the removal of the CAT pipes can improve the resonance but cant comment as my system is stock.