986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   WTB- Dansk sport muffler for 2002 S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/62134-wtb-dansk-sport-muffler-2002-s.html)

rfuerst911sc 06-26-2016 04:04 AM

WTB- Dansk sport muffler for 2002 S

I know it's a long shot but anyone in the south east have one for sale ? I'm still playing around with the GHL to control resonance but I'm thinking a single can " may " be the way to go. OEM is too large/heavy in my opinion.

Sisu guy 06-26-2016 05:15 PM

I have a Billy Boat muffler in excellent shape that I removed from my 2000 S. Much smaller and lighter than stock but mounts to the same points. Let me know if interested.

rfuerst911sc 06-26-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisu guy (Post 501110)
I have a Billy Boat muffler in excellent shape that I removed from my 2000 S. Much smaller and lighter than stock but mounts to the same points. Let me know if interested.

Is this a single can or twin can muffler ? Any pics ? How much you asking ?

steved0x 06-26-2016 05:38 PM

Do you have secondary cat delete pipes? (apologies for not remembering from your other threads). I am given to understand that they sometimes solve the drone from 2 can muffler systems.

Sisu guy 06-27-2016 03:03 PM

The Billy Boat is a single can, all stainless. It has dual chrome tips like a std. S muffler. Can't get photos to attach? But if you google it you can see it. They are still made. Sell for $1500 new. Make me an offer! I can email you actual photos.

rfuerst911sc 06-27-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 501114)
Do you have secondary cat delete pipes? (apologies for not remembering from your other threads). I am given to understand that they sometimes solve the drone from 2 can muffler systems.

Yes I have cat delete pipes along with headers. I also have Sure Seal clamps at the joints . I added resonators in each cat delete pipe to try and tone down the resonance with minimal affect. I have added a pair of Car Chemistry inserts right after the resonators and that helps but it is still there. I may add another pair of inserts in the muffler outlet tips. May also consider a balance tube going from one muffler can to the other. Being a short stroke 3.6 the exhaust tone/note is quite different and I'm just trying to tune it , the sound from 3000 to 7000 is pure heaven :D I still have the OEM boat anchor but that would only go back on if all other efforts fail .

rfuerst911sc 06-27-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisu guy (Post 501239)
The Billy Boat is a single can, all stainless. It has dual chrome tips like a std. S muffler. Can't get photos to attach? But if you google it you can see it. They are still made. Sell for $1500 new. Make me an offer! I can email you actual photos.

Did you have it installed on a car ? What did it sound like ? Some say the B&B has resonance was that the case ?

Sisu guy 06-28-2016 08:58 AM

Yes, it was on my 2000S when I purchased it @ 30K miles. Thought it was the stock muffler for a long time as the tips look like stock.
Yes, it does have a resonance between 2500-2900 RPM. Below that it growls and above that it sings!
I have read that the removal of the CAT pipes can improve the resonance but cant comment as my system is stock.