Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2016, 07:51 AM   #1

WTB: Lightly used track tires

Figured I would give it a shot. Build almost complete and budget getting low so looking for a decent price on some tires with some life for at least a track day or two. I need 2 225-45-17 and 2 255-40-17. My tire of choice is the Nitto NT01's but would consider others of equivalent performance. Maybe I will get lucky and someone will have something for me.

cellkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #2

There are some good deals on 200 TW extreme summer tires on tire rack right now, I think Kumho and Hankook in the $500 range.

For 100 TW, discount tire eBay store runs a $100 off a $400 purchase time to time, folks try to buy their NT-01 during these sales.

The maxxis victra rc-1 is priced about the same as the nt-01 and maxxis told me there will be a coupon this spring, probably 10% off.

If you are on facebook, there is a racer's wheel and tire exchange and some deals to be had; I sold some tires there once.

Good luck and if you find some let us know what you got
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #3

Thanks steved0x! My brother got the $100 off the NT01 about a month ago from Discount tire but didn't think to tell me! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
There are some good deals on 200 TW extreme summer tires on tire rack right now, I think Kumho and Hankook in the $500 range.

For 100 TW, discount tire eBay store runs a $100 off a $400 purchase time to time, folks try to buy their NT-01 during these sales.

The maxxis victra rc-1 is priced about the same as the nt-01 and maxxis told me there will be a coupon this spring, probably 10% off.

If you are on facebook, there is a racer's wheel and tire exchange and some deals to be had; I sold some tires there once.

Good luck and if you find some let us know what you got

cellkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote