Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #1

WTB: Four Stalk Switch for OBC

If you have a 4 stalk turn signal switch so I can use the OBC on my Boxster available for sale please PM to let me know.

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #2

Garage
Just FYI, another option is to wire the OBC up to a dashboard switch. It would fill one of the blanks on the left side of the radio. I ended up doing that instead of buying the stalk, because it is much less expensive! Just a thought
Tieniber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #3

I am looking for one too, but mostly so I can enable cruise control. So if someone is removing their 3 stalk in order to add the 4 stalk I would be interested in that too.

Thanks

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #4

Garage
Do I understand correctly that all the boxstera have the obc and you only have to put in the 4 stalk unit in order to activate it?
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #5

Steve, If I ever find a 4 stalk to replace my 3 stalk I'll let you know. I already have the OBC activated, just want the OEM look and feel of using the 4 stalk rather than buttons on the dash.

Mountainman, the OBC requires prior activation or PST2 (not sure if the Durametric can do it, but maybe) to activate the PST2. Then there are several ways to get it to change functions. There are several articles on the "OBC Hack" you can Google.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #6

The durametric can do it, I have the hobbyist version, and while the OBC was already enabled on my 2000S I disabled it and then re-enabled it using the Durametric. I have the newer one though, the 6.0, I don't think the previous version would do it; the newer hobbyist version does it I believe because it is such a common request but for all(most?) other coding you need the pro version.

Steve
Old 04-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnowles View Post
Steve, If I ever find a 4 stalk to replace my 3 stalk I'll let you know. I already have the OBC activated, just want the OEM look and feel of using the 4 stalk rather than buttons on the dash.
Thank you!

Steve
Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnowles View Post

Mountainman, the OBC requires prior activation or PST2 (not sure if the Durametric can do it, but maybe) to activate the PST2. Then there are several ways to get it to change functions. There are several articles on the "OBC Hack" you can Google.
Great, My neighbor has an 04 boxster S with no computer and the 3 stalk unit and would really like to have the obc. I just got a durametric pro, so maybe we can figure out what we have to get to do it. thanks for the info

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote