Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #41

I just received my pipes today, they were ordered on Wednesday and arrive to california in 2 days. extremely fast shipping.

I took the box straight to a local muffler shop I was planning on having to do the work, after putting the car on a lift and lining up the top speed pipes with the factory piping, the installer said he doesn't think these will fit. I also looked at it and I don't feel like they will fit either.

The angle of the pipes are correct, but the factory pipes come off the primary cats and are bent upwards towards the trunk of the car, whereas the top speed pipes are flat and if installed, looks like it will hit the rear sway bars and skid plates.

I immediately called Top speed and Che was gone for the day. I asked the person who answered the phone if I would be charged a restocking fee if i were to return it, he said I would, even though they've never been installed. I'll wait until Monday to hear back from Che....

Anyone in the 310/714 area have these installed? Which shop did you have install them? and how much does it cost to install them?

ohhh my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #42

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhh my View Post
I just received my pipes today, they were ordered on Wednesday and arrive to california in 2 days. extremely fast shipping.

I took the box straight to a local muffler shop I was planning on having to do the work, after putting the car on a lift and lining up the top speed pipes with the factory piping, the installer said he doesn't think these will fit. I also looked at it and I don't feel like they will fit either.

The angle of the pipes are correct, but the factory pipes come off the primary cats and are bent upwards towards the trunk of the car, whereas the top speed pipes are flat and if installed, looks like it will hit the rear sway bars and skid plates.

I immediately called Top speed and Che was gone for the day. I asked the person who answered the phone if I would be charged a restocking fee if i were to return it, he said I would, even though they've never been installed. I'll wait until Monday to hear back from Che....

Anyone in the 310/714 area have these installed? Which shop did you have install them? and how much does it cost to install them?
Hey there,

Is it possible you got two drivers sides pipe instead of one drivers/ one passengers? John told me someone called today and was wondering if that was you. I was shipped two passengers instead of one of each in error, but was quickly sorted out. I can see how it is impossible to install if you have duplicates. The guys at topspeed are very prompt and professional. +1 to George and John, I even got to see the red lamborghini.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
Hey there,

Is it possible you got two drivers sides pipe instead of one drivers/ one passengers? John told me someone called today and was wondering if that was you. I was shipped two passengers instead of one of each in error, but was quickly sorted out. I can see how it is impossible to install if you have duplicates. The guys at topspeed are very prompt and professional. +1 to George and John, I even got to see the red lamborghini.
Hi,

Yes, I checked and it's 1 left side and 1 right side. Look at the picture I attached, see how the exhaust bends upwards towards the trunk, the top speed pipes are just flat/or a very slight bend at the flange...
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #44
02 box s

Hmmm...this development doesnt instill confidence. I was going to wait awhile to install these. Looks like I need to figure it out sooner rather than later. Please post updates guys . Curious if its a jig problem or just packaging errors. Maybe a set of 2.5 pipes instead of 3.2?
sgt brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #45

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
Hey there,

I got the 2 drivers side pipes. Wanna meet up & swap....I'm in NH.

I was really looking forward to these pipes so I'm disappointed that the installation is delayed.

But, I will say that I was impressed with how quickly Topspeed addressed the issue and shipped out a new kit promptly.
F1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #46
02 box s

Che, we have another problem set of pipes here. I opened the box tonight and have two identical pipes. They both appear to be drivers side pipes. I will post a pic when I can, cant post pics from my tablet. Hoping to hear a response from you in this thread, but will call monday if not.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #47
SPB racer

Garage
Gee what a surprise. Can't wait to hear from someone who doesn't think the latest batch is crap.
Jittsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #48
02 box s

attached are a couple of pics. luckily i had the headers sitting nearby and it's fairly obvious from that pic that these won't work. hard to get a left to fit a right.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #49

I've ordered mine on Wednesday, arrived in Santa Barbara on Saturday.
opened up the box and inside, right and left side pipes.
two adapters, one bag containing two flange gaskets and bolts/nuts and one license plate frame.
So far so good!
Attached Images

sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #50
02 box s

contacted topspeed this am. new pipes enroute. they seem pretty frustrated by the screw-ups. at least 4 of us had this problem. here's to hoping they fit once i receive the correct ones.

brad
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #51
Vendor

For anyone received These Test Pipes in same side, Please contact us immediately we will provide exchange plus provide UPS Return shipping Label. My apologies for the Inconvenience
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001535057084

Last edited by delubozparts; 09-24-2012 at 08:15 AM.
delubozparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
02 box s

Not a big problem. Things happen and I am in no rush to install. I amjust hoping the install goes without a hitch. I have a set of the topspeed headers (BOUGHT FROM FORUM MEMEBER FOR A BARGAIN) the test pipes and a b&b muffler section. If evwrything fits well you should hear me coming from a state or two away!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #53
Schatten-Baum-Mechaniker

Quote:
Hi,

Yes, I checked and it's 1 left side and 1 right side. Look at the picture I attached, see how the exhaust bends upwards towards the trunk, the top speed pipes are just flat/or a very slight bend at the flange...
Take a look at the picture of similar pipes from another well known company, notice they are very flat, with the angle being at the flange. These fit fine in my 3.2.

tommy986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by delubozparts View Post
For anyone received These Test Pipes in same side, Please contact us immediately we will provide exchange plus provide UPS Return shipping Label. My apologies for the Inconvenience
That's what I like about doing business with John, he's accountable.
DFW02S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #55
SPB racer

Garage
Oh really. Let's see how he deals with fitment issues.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW02S View Post
That's what I like about doing business with John, he's accountable.
Same here, Che has been a pleasure to work with. I received the pipes 2 days after I ordered them(Friday) and emailed him over the weekend about fitment issues and by Monday afternoon, I had a UPS paid shipping label to return everything.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #57
SPB racer

Garage
Quote:
Same here, Che has been a pleasure to work with. I received the pipes 2 days after I ordered them(Friday) and emailed him over the weekend about fitment issues and by Monday afternoon, I had a UPS paid shipping label to return everything.
Then I suspect that all my ********************ing about the way I was treated has done you an huge favor. Honest John has come to the realization that he cannot be quite as arrogant as he was with me and get away with it for long. Is he sending you a new set? I'll be interested to hear how they work out.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #58

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jittsl View Post
Then I suspect that all my ********************ing about the way I was treated has done you an huge favor. Honest John has come to the realization that he cannot be quite as arrogant as he was with me and get away with it for long. Is he sending you a new set? I'll be interested to hear how they work out.
OK. You get the credit. Now..............LET IT GO.
Boxster586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jittsl View Post
I'm just going to say, it's a 2 way street. You get out what you put in. Based upon your numerous posts here, your credibility has gone out the window and now it just looks like you're going out of your way to make his business look bad. We're all humans, mistakes happen and things sometimes don't work out. Don't need to throw someone under the bus. Being nasty isn't going to benefit you in anyway, it's the exact opposite.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #60
SPB racer

Garage
Ok I'll officially let it go. I hope however that Che (and his employees) have learnt that sometimes when a customer says that something doesn't fit - IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY FIT. And that sometimes a little common courtesy and taking the time to listen to a customers grievance goes a long way.

For my part, I've learnt not to bother to reply to anyone looking for an opinion based on experience for any product. It just ain't worth the grief.