View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
ejmc11

2007 Boxster S - Midnight Blue Finally Here! Strange brown staining?

Hi folks, finally picked up my new Boxster last week, absolutely loving it so far (except for the keeping it under 4,200 rpm part.. sigh!). I'm driving it out to Phoenix in two weeks, so the last stretch from Sedona down to Phoenix is going to be a *lot* of fun as soon as I see 2,000 miles tick over

Just wanted to share a few pics with everyone, and also ask a quick question -- there's some sort of brown spray all over the back of the car, looks kind of like an anti-rust spray but it's very inconsistent. There's even some overspray that stained my rear left wheel. Anyone know what it is exactly, and if it was the dealer who sprayed it or what exactly? I have one picture of the bottom of the car in the collection. Any way to get this stuff off, at least from the wheel?

Really enjoyed the forums over the last few months (I ordered the car way back in December, so it's been a horrible wait, reading about everyone else's car and how much they've been enjoying them! Hope to meet a lot of you guys over the next few years. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio at the moment, moving to Scottsdale, Arizona at the end of the month.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

ejmc11 is offline   Reply With Quote