View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:06 AM   #32
cfos

That you for my morning of joy. Listening to you rant is priceless. Obviously, your skills at research (your post on the ECU) and most of your ther threads, like:

Oh my, someone drove up to me and said "roast 'em!" and "why does the auto car wash guy look at me funny for wanting to wash my car at the autowash" show the depth of your pride and research skills.

The data I posted was from Wikipedia and it listed median incomes as well as numbers of cars people from Greenwich were taxed on where the value of the car exceeded $50 grand. Boxtaboy also posted sales figures, I'm assuming came from Porsche listing the sales of their models demonstrating the strong sales for 911s. I also suggested that people that had purchased 06 model boxsters also would likely select their options rather than take a car off of the lot. In fact, when I purchased my car (not leased, mind you) the salesman here said that they often use the lot Boxsters for people that test drive and sell more custom ordered Boxsters.

Now lets look at how you "countered and demolished" my statements:

In response to my first post you state:

"Uhh...it's kind of where I bought my car and also the area you're speaking of is exactly where this Porsche dealer is.

Right across the street from the Mercedes dealer and on the same side of the street as the BMW dealer (bought 2 cars from there), Audi dealer (same company), Bentley/Aston Martin/Rolls-Royce dealer.

This is precisely my point. Why hasn't it sold?"

Well, you don't state anything.

Next:

"I strongly disagree. Greenwich isn't Vatican City.

In affluent areas, cars like the Boxster will likely be sold more than anything else. Many people have a lot of $$ here, yes, but that doesn't mean they look at a $50,000 sports car and say, "I can do better."

The fact is that the average family in Greenwich would probably be looking at a Boxster because it is more affordable.

Just because many of the people have a lot of $$ doesn't mean they all can afford 911s and look over the Boxster. That's an outrageous thought!!!"

Hmm... ok, it's not Vatican City... Not sure what that analogy means... Ok, you say that in affluent areas, cars like Boxsters will be sold more than anything else. Not according to Boxtaboy's chart. Also, where are you getting this information? Personally, I don't think the "average family in Greenwich" is all that concerned with a car being affordable. I posted info. from Wikipedia stating that there were 94 taxable Ferraris in Greenwich. Do you think those 94 owners thought about the cost? Also, from that chart, how many of the 900+ Porsches do you think were Boxsters over $50k? Many people on this forum have gotten good deals on their cars that would bring their total cost under $50k. Likewise, according to Boxtaboy, it appears that many Boxster buyers are selecting the base model which generally stickers under $50k (2006 models) unless you get specific options. Enough of this response. I still don't feel you've constructed an argument.

Your page two responses:

"Congratulations. Wait, what does that prove again? That they sell a lot of their Boxsters? You can look at an inventory of a given dealer at any given time and one product might be less available than other, but that does NOT indicate what people want/desire more necessarily"

Not sure they sell many boxsters. You would think: (1) if people bought their car off the lot and it was a hot seller, there would be more Boxsters, right? Porsche typically lists their inventory and cars that are arriving. Thus, if it were a hot item, they would stock more. Who are you polling as to what people want or desire?

Ok, so because it's an affluent town, that means nobody buys Boxsters all because a certain number can afford/have bought 911s, AMs, Ferraris, etc.

"That doesn't make any sense and that doesn't necessarily counter my points in any way. All you are saying is that Greenwich is a relatively affluent area. I realize that. Does that mean the people of Greenwich won't have Boxsters? All 60,000 residents?"

No, what I am saying is that people of Greenwich often buy other cars (see previous posts). Having lived in multiple states, I know that 60,000 people is not a large population. Likewise, 94 Ferraris seems like a large number for a relatively small population. I still see no argument from you other than a rhetorical question.

Now your last two posts are nothing more than you needing more fiber in your diet. You post no argument to back up your assumptions aside from calling me stupid and attempting to degrade me by calling me "kiddie" That's a good one, sport.

Take a look at Perfect lap -- he constructed a valid argument defining what he believes the different types of sports cars are. THAT is what constitutes an argument. Something that required some thought and is put forth. Not sure I agree that Ferraris are 1990s, but that is going to be a personal opinion. If you want, show me where you have done this. If not, perhaps you might find a class in critical reasoning at your school in Albany -- assuming you go there, I'm basing this on something you posted in a previous post. I have answered your post. Can you answer this or demonstrate how your posts have "demolished" mine? Also, please note that you can take time and edit out your repeated posts -- Sometimes, I open a separate window and cut and paste between the two. All it takes is time and a bit of cut-n-pasting, feel free to keep your insults provided you build an argument. Whaddya say?

Last edited by cfos; 05-15-2007 at 09:29 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote