View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
IIRC, Mintex are the brand of pads I put on my car. They work great for daily driving use. Squeak a little when they're cold.

They ARE one of the OEM brands. If you check out pads on Pelican Parts, there are three different brands listed as OEM providers.
Hi,

Nope, Pelican is wrong, OEM used only 2 pad manufacturers - Pagid and Textar. Brembo Pads were available as a little known option - M476 - High Friction Brake Pads.

Interestingly, this Option Code does not show up on any Build your Porsche Dealer Options List. It may only be Factory internal coding for the Brembo Pads.

I recently changed the pads on my '99. I wanted to go with the OEM pads as it's just a Street Car. I found that my car has the M476 option when I removed the original pads and found they were Brembos.

The Brembos are good enough pads, but they dust like crazy - to the point that their primary purpose was to create dust, with a little braking on the side.

I replaced them with the Pagid OEM pads and to date - 250mi., they produce much less dust than the Brembos did while not seeming to suffer any less braking efficiency...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote