View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoentgen
I'm not sure the effect is going to be overwhelming, I'm just trying to tweak my intake to match my lower restriction exhaust. The so called "cold air intakes" breathe from under the hood, where's the cold air in that formula? I prefer to keep the outside air sealed from the engine compartment. I may mod the snorkel, if I do I may take a different path than the one posted..
Dr. R, the evo intake closes the chamber off so only outside air (cool air) enters the cone filter. I am not so sure if this is good or not because I don't know if the opening around the stock intake area allows for some air flow over the engine and cutting it off may contribute to high engine temps. Again, the more experienced here should chime in. Cooler intake air and a cool engine are both goals that are hard in a mid-engine car. I have also seen air scoops that would tend to ram more air into the intake. I think cooling air comes in the right side vent, over and down and out the bottom so the scoops would work on the right side too. Again, I am new to this and am learning so my info. may not be totally accurate but that gives others with more knowledge to post corrections. What ever the case, have fun with your car.

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote