Thread: "roast 'em!"
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
Bavarian Motorist

"roast 'em!"

So... I am stopped at a light in Albany with my top down.

I see some kids in an old cavalier (maybe 22 years old each) trying to get my attention. They are about 5 feet ahead of me.

Finally I pull up and ask what they want.

The kid looks down and goes, "Roast 'em!" Roast 'em... oh, burn them out? At a traffic light?

I don't know HOW to do that! I mean I do, but I've never done it, and I know I need a little clearance in front of me in case I let off the brake and move forward.

I imagine it can't be good for the brakes or the tires, obviously.

I say, "What?? I can't do that."

They seem all ********************y & disappointed. "That Porsh ain't got ****************, then."

ME: Okay then. I turn my techno back on and just to excite them, I revved my engine to rev limiter.

They start babbling some things. I forgot what, but I responded, "These tires are expensive." "I bet they are", he replied.

The light turns and we drive away. I see a cop in the opposing lanes and I think, "Maybe it's a good thing I don't know how to burn these tires..."

Has anyone ever ... done this to you? I must admit I was very disturbed, but now I want to learn to burn them JUST A BIT

ANOTHER QUESTION: Why do people take the top-down as an invitation to talk to you? Can be annoying at times.

Last edited by Bavarian Motorist; 04-18-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Bavarian Motorist is offline   Reply With Quote