View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
2010 Porsche Panamera...god save the queen

I personally dont like the idea of a 4 door sedan coming from porsche but what the hey, guess I'll give it a chance like i did the Cayenne.

Heres a berief talk-about from my AutoWeek:

The Panamera initially will be offered in a rear wheel drive form only. However, a four wheel drive option featuring a modified haldex-style multi-plate clutch from teh 911 turbo (rather than the older setup, which continues to be used on the 911 Carrera 4) is expected within the first 12 months of the production.

Under the hood sits a 4.8 liter version of Porshes four-valve-per-cyclindar, 90 degree, v8, as unveiled in the facelifted Cayenne earlier this year, The longitudinally mounted unit uses a new direct-injection system plis the lastest in exhuast-gas recirculation and cyclinder-deactivation technology to ensure competitive fuel mileage and emissions, while serving up the needed power and torque to challenge competitors.

Nothing is official yet, but minor adjustments should allow ouput to riseslightly above that of the recently introduced Cayenne, with a naturally aspirated Panamera S versions starting at 400 hp, while the top-of-the-line Panamera Turbo should hit 520 hp-the latter backed up by a prodigious 516 lb-ft of torque. With stadnard rear-wheel-drive versions of the new car said to weigh 4100 pounds, this should ensure 0-to-60-mph acceleration in about 4.5 seconds and,with new advanced aerodynamics, a top speed in excess of 180 mph.

Below are some pictures i snapped of the article with my phone (reason for bad quality)

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote