Thread: Should I buy?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #5
husker boxster

Some factors to consider...

1. If you absolutely want heated seats and PSM, don't settle for less. Your color preference is not rare, so you will be able to find one with the combination of options you want IF you are willing to wait AND willing to travel. If these options are a must have and you buy the local one without them, will it be a bargain if you are always wishing it had more?

2. My Box does not have heated seats and it's my daily driver. I didn't feel I needed them for winter driving. The Box has an excellent heater (sometimes too good). But heated seats would come in handy if you are going to be driving with the top down in chilly weather. That's not an issue with me because it has to be 60 deg before I will drop the top (and windows have to be down). I'm not into the windows up, heater full blast, but the top is down on a cold day kind of drive. But other forum members drive topless in 40 deg. Personal preference. You may want to consider how you will be driving your Box and then decide whether heated seats are needed.

3. Can't comment on PSM as I have not driven a Box with it. Mine does not have it. I put on a good set of snows this winter and got along fine. It can be done without PSM. BTW, DJ has suicidal tendencies. It is not recommended to use summer tires during the winter. You didn't mention if your Box would be used year round or not, but thought you should know before you find out the hard way.

This final point is not an option to consider. Have you looked at RandallNeighbor's "10 Things to Know Before Buying a Boxster"? It is a link at the bottom of all his posts. It is required reading.

Good luck with your purchase. You will love owning a Boxster.

Terry
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote