View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
insite

hi. i have the RoW (purchased from Sunset). i have also messed with Boxsters riding on Eibachs or H&R's. in my opinion, both the Eibach and the H&R lower the car too much, ESPECIALLY if you have an aftermarket nose (i.e. GT3). i have the GT3 nose with the M030 RoW; my front ground clearance is 3.8". that is not much.

additionally, the ride height on H&R or Eibach is so low as to prevent proper geometry / camber settings without additional parts (particularly in the rear). your rear tires will toe out too far to wear (or drive) properly. you will need GT3 or Fabcar shimmable control arms and a set of Tarett toe steer arms if you want to correct this. we're talking well over a grand for this stuff.

now, the H&R aren't as bad as the Eibach. the Eibach are WAY low, whereas the H&R are ALMOST alignable, but still too low for nice aftermarket bumpers. with Eibach, the tires actually sit within the fenders (no visible gap at all). another issue with both the Eibach and H&R has to do with wedge; the Eibach and H&R lower the car evenly (i think) whereas the RoW lowers the car more in front. this dials out some of the factory understeer present in the base car. the aftermarket guys don't give you this benefit.

my opinion? go with the M030. get the S front sway and the base rear sway (this will cost slightly more as the S sway is about $50 more than the base). also, if you want more performance, consider going with Bilstein Sport struts ($800 from shox.com) rather than the factory M030 dampers; they're more aggressively valved. FYI, the M030 without the dampers from sunset is around $350, giving a total of $1150 with the Bilstein dampers.

don't forget to align it right! front camber should be -.6 for slow, -1.0 for spirited and -1.6 for aggressive. rear camber should be -1.8 or -1.9 no matter what. run zero toe up front and a little toe in on the rear.

i'll post some pics of Eibach vs. RoW when i get home so you can visually see what i'm talking about. i don't have pics of the H&R handy. anyone?

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote