View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 06:50 AM   #6
Subanez

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
I just bought a 2000 Boxster with 54,000 miles on it. Here's what I got in the package:

-The Mass Air Flow Sensor needs to be replaced

-The front sway bar clamps didn't exist-had to be replaced

-Convertible top is worn at contact points, and plastic window a disaster

-Rock chips and a poorly re-done paint job to try and "cover up" an accident (bonnet, boot, left door, left front quarter panels all replaced! Holy Crap!) means an expensive body work project to get it back to being impeccable.

-Tires don't rotate, so a heavy right foot can leave you paying for new rubber quickly...and I suspect the last owner had a heavy foot.

-Alignment was so terrible that it took 3 hours to get it back within normal numbers (you should see the graph!).

-Lug nuts were all rusted on all 4 wheels.

-Wind deflector material on the undercarriage was hanging, and I removed it.

-Bulbs were out on the instrument panel, and was a costly replacement by Porsche dealership.

-Cables were hanging under power seats, threatening to be cut by seat movement.

-Headlight casings showing signs of "yellowing."

Okay, I know that this is a laundry list of things that you might argue are not "common" problems, but I figured I'd list most of what I had to deal with upon buying a 2000 Porsche with just over 50,000 miles. Don't forget the impending 60K service, which will cost just over $1,000, and the oil changes every 12K miles or so that cost roughly $150.

Plan to spend some money at first, but also plan on loving life everytime you open the garage.

Good luck!

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote