View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
spotch

Send a message via AIM to spotch
What's broken on your boxster?

Well I don't own a boxster (yet) but I really love those cars and depending on the job situation over the next few years I hope to own one before too too long.... Until then I'm stuck being a porsche-less porsche fanboi

Anyway, I was driving today thinking about boxsters and their competitors and my mind drifted towards the reliability aspect. I don't generally trust consumer reports 100% and would rather get info from actual owners so I figured I would go straight to the source. What kinds of problems have you experienced in your boxsters, small or large? Are there any years that one should generally avoid buying? How impossible is it to do the repairs yourself? I know my friends 944 is a real PITA to work on and relatively simple jobs seem to take quite a while (yes an entirely different car but my only firsthand experience w/ porsches sadly enough ). So anyway, if you bought a boxster with 40,000-50,000k miles and planned to own it for the rest of your life what kind of stuff would YOU predict would break or start planning to repair?

Thanks in advance
-jon
spotch is offline   Reply With Quote