Thread: Newbie to 986
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
kiwiinneworleans

Newbie to 986

Firstly, I want to congratulate the moderators on a great forum site. This easily is one of the best info sharing web links I have been to about this car.

I have liked the 986 since it came out (you won't beleive what they sold for in New Zealand when I was there!), however, last week finally decided that I need a peice of the action after taking a spin in my friends '99 model. I have started looking for (and bidding) on 99-00 models (if you know of any in the south for sale, let me know). Now all I need to do is convince my wife to sell her '00 Bug.... a fair trae for her I say!!

As a conservative car owner my entire life (Ford, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Jeep), I haven't had to fork out major amounts on maintenance (most was around $1500 on a turbocharger, and $1600 on a Jeep transmission). The 986 is obviously a reliable car, however, realistically what would I expect to spend annually on servicing and oil changes?

Appreciate any advice out there, and once again, thanks for the great forum!! I look forward to being in one soon....

The Kiwi in New Orleans.
kiwiinneworleans is offline   Reply With Quote