View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
djomlas

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
10. This is what you are left with.

the actuall airbox will now have to be removed. very tricky.
11. Unscrew the MAF sensor from the tube that is connected to the airbox. the screw looks funky and i didnt have that tool. i found a very small screw driver and it fit inbetween the edges and it came out.
12. Take the MAF off and clean it (this part is optional, but might as well while you are at it), and place it in the new housing on the intake tube.

13. now comes the good ol' airbox. It is held in place with 3 bolts. you will see 2 of them, one is located underneath the car.
-one bolt is located on the side of the firewall. you will be able to see it, they are kind of a gold color.
-another bolt is above the MAF housing on the 1/4 panel side
-the third one is located underneath the car. jack up the driver side of the car, PLEASE BE CAREFUL LAYING UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR. use common sense, but once you get under the car you will see the airbox in the air and you will see the 3rd gold bolt holding down the airbox. i forgot to take a picture of this, but once you get underneath you will see the airbox and cant mistake it for anythign else. if you have another person helping you they can guide you to where it is if you are unsure(shake the airbox and you will see it shaking).
now you car wiggle the airbox around and it becomes clear very fast that you cant pull it out just like that.
( there were directions on how to remove the drivers side intake maniforl and throttle body and some lines just to get some space in there for it to come out)-if you would like these please let me know and i will post them)
- this is the way that i did it. if you try pulling it out you will see that the part of the airbox where the MF sensor was(little round tube sticking out) is preventing the whole airbox to come out.
i used pliers and broke of a few pieces of that part and sure enough the whole airbox assembly came out. you can use a saw to cut a perfect line so that you can reuse the airbox if you would like to go back to stock setting and somewho reassemble it back together but i woul dbe careful with a saw in the engine compartment <- this is just a suggestion.
then when you pull the airbox assembly out whit is what you are lft with:

direct flow to the side intake
14. remove this bracket right next to the throttle body, this will be in the way of the tubing, set it aside

this is what you will be looking at when the bracket is taken off
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote