View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
edevlin

Question Need Advice on a GAHH Top

I was planning on putting a GAHH top with glass window on my 2000 Boxster. That is until I contacted Custom Tops, a very reputable top installer in Richmond, they do many of the Porsches in the area. The chief installer said he would not install anymore GAHH tops (or others for that matter) with glass windows on pre-2003 Boxsters untill GAHH has worked out some bugs in the top.

He went on to explain that he has recently put on two GAHH tops with glass windows onto earlier Boxsters and has a number of problems with them fitting and working properly. He claims that there were a number of problems with the fitting the top with a glass window in a car with a mechanism designed for a folding plastic window. He also said he has talked to the folks at GAHH (which he knows personally) and they were not able to reassure him that there was not a problem with the glass window tops for earlier Boxsters.

He recommended that I consider going to a GAHH top with a plastic rear window which does not have any installation or fitment issues. He said he could also replace the plastic window on my existing top for 600.00 if I was interested.

Now I dont know what to do, as my rear window is cracked more than half way across and I need to replace it, or the top. I have read a number of posts that have said that they are very happy with replacing their tops with plastic windows with glass windows, but now I am not sure what to do, help....

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote