Thread: Help please!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
jmabasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

I suspect that you may need to get the Dealer involved. The Alarm/Immobilizer is adjusted, programmed by the PST2 Computer at the Dealer. They can tell you what's going on.

But first, does your alarm work when you arm it manually? If not, there is a 10A ATC Fuse in the Immobilizer Module under the Driver Seat. Be sure this fuse isn't blown.

Another possibility is that the Alarm went into Sleep mode (after 120 Hrs. of non-use, the module stops listening for the key as a battery saving feature). Your Key Fob battery may have died and the car went into Sleep Mode. If you change the battery it still will not work until you once open the Lock manually and then switch on the Ignition and/or Start the car. Try that and see if it doesn't correct your problem. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Hi Jim! The alarm will arm manually with the key. And the battery just died this morning so I doubt it went to sleep mode. I just started the car now and drove it around but the remote still wont work. Any other ideas how to make it work? Thanks!