View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
FrayAdjacent

I are now a Boxster owner (PICS added)

Picked up a 2001 base Boxster today. Grey/grey, 40k miles. Runs great and all that jazz. Kinda dirty, tho, since it was raining and nasty everywhere. The interior is pretty dirty too, and shows some wear on a lot of the black parts. Seems that whatever Porsche coats the plastic stuff with will break down, so I've read. I'll have to do a little bit of refurbishing, but I don't mind.

Anyway, I got home (to Austin) from San Antonio with the car a little while ago. Haven't had her long enough to really get a feel for her yet, but I'm really liking how well she drives. The clutch feels good, steering is tight and responsive, the throttle is responsive, and it pulls very strongly.

If the weather is not crap tomorrow (it's supposed to be), I'll get a few pictures.

ONE little booger tho, when they took it to get inspected today, the number plate lights were not functioning. New bulbs, same thing. The fuse is not blown. Everything else works. Any suggestions? I'm going to try to check it out myself, it's probably something minor, but the salesman said if I couldn't get it working, to take it to a dealer and he'd pay to have it fixed.

Last edited by FrayAdjacent; 12-30-2006 at 07:49 PM.
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote