Thread: drag racing...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 05:21 AM   #13
Subanez

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Or, to get the best of all the worlds, save up (if you need to) and spend a weekend at the closest track that offers race lessons...but no small time stuff. If you can coordinate with a good racing school, take a class to get the basics down.

Not only will you have a HELL OF A FUN TIME doing it, you will be a better, safer, and more experienced driver anyway. And then all the questions you could ever have will be answered by a pro.

There are even some places that let you use your OWN car, provided it falls under some certain guidelines. Do a google search to find schools in your area, or if you are adventurous, you could head out to Lime Rock or Laguna Seca and take classes there for a weekend of sheer speed and fun. There are some schools that let you drive a viper or a formula car...those are HOT.

And when youg et back you will be able to play Mission Impossible theme music when you're in the porsche, and be able to back it up with your new found skills.

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote