View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
chiefsalami

Any of you realize that perhaps the cop was saying to contest it because they will get more money from you that way? Many officers are actually PAID to appear in court, so no more of that "dismissed because the cop didn't show". If you were to contest and be found guilty anyway, you would pay the full ticket fine plus court costs.

I got pulled over in California (I'm from Oregon) about 2 weeks ago initially for the trailer lights being out in a pickup with an empty trailer we were driving down with. I was also following traffic, when I should have been going slower because of the trailer. The cop was actually very nice, and focused most of the conversation on the trailer lights. But then gave me both the speeding ticket and the equipment ticket. He also said I could contest it, but knew I was from Oregon.

It's a slippery slope, and when you've been pulled over for speeding and the radar number and everything is recorded, there's not much argument or much you can do in your defense, short of begging the judge to reduce the fine or withhold points on your license.

Last edited by chiefsalami; 12-11-2006 at 12:24 PM.
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote