View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
z12358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
I'm teetering on this fence about this one. I and the previous owner have had the car for 35K miles and only one non-maintenance repair (throttle body). I guess I put between 10-12K miles on the car a year driving weekends. WD wants $3600 for three years of coverage with a thousand smackers up front and ther remainder over 10 months. Seems steep to me considering how trouble free the car has been. I figure if I had one $1000 repair every year I would be very surprised. I'm also thinking about a 2nd hand CaymanS or 02-04 C4S once the Boxster hits 50K miles (if I can find any Sivler and red ones!)

I guess its like catastrophic engine rebuilding/replacing insurance...hmm.
I also have budget into the equation new rotors and all the other maintenace that will come in the next 20K miles. I'm guessing I'll end up spending far more on maintenance than unexpected repairs. Figure $6K for both the WD policy and a maintance budget over the next two years on a car that is not worth more than $25-27K, makes me think twice about WD.
PL, yes, $3.6k puts it smack in that middle zone where it's not easy to decide. I'd say bite the bullet and ride shot-gun without warranty. If the engine implodes, invest in a 3.8L crate engine drop and you got yourself a "mid-engine C4S" for less and in the color combo you know you like.

Z.