View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgribben007
I need a set of tires fairly quick (back are bald on the inside and my other car is in the shop) and wanted some suggestions from fellow Boxster owners. I have Potenza S03 and was thinking something different mainly because the can't locate any that matches my tire specs. 225/40-18 and 265/35-18.
i've never tried the Dunlops, but i've tried P-Zero Asymmetrico, Yokohama AVS, Potenza S-03, Potenza RE050A Pole Position, Pilot Sports, BFG KD, BFG KDW, Sumitomo HTRZ and Kumho MX. By FAR the best tire for the money (and ALMOST the best tire period) in my opinion is the BFG KDW2. You can get a set of 4 in your sizes from tire rack for around $750 shipped. I swear by these tires.

the P-Zeros were noisy and tramlined a lot. they didn't feel that crisp to me, either. the yokos were even noisier and the sidewalls felt too soft. the potenzas are awesome; some of my favorite tires. The S-03's were probably my favorite all around tire. The RE050A Pole Positions are nice (and non-directional, so you can rotate them) but wear very quickly. The Pilot Sports are noisy and overrated in my opinion (except the PS Cups, those rock). The BFG KD is great, but the KDW2 gives 99.9% of the dry performance for WAY less $$$ PLUS handles great in the rain. the sumitomos are the worst tires i have ever had. i put 200 miles on them and threw them away. they were downright scary. you couldn't pay me to run those tires. the Kumho MX is a pretty good tire (and quite cheap to boot). they flat spot in the cold, though, and seem to cup over time.

all in all, the KDW2 is the one i keep buying over and over again.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote