View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
boxstersman

Cruise Control added to 2004?

John: I'm not sure I know how to communicate on the forum, but here's a try.
I have a 2004 Boxster S, no cruise. Dealer told me that they can't install a unit because only factory can wire it. But, sounds like cruise can be added from this thread. I'll check with Sunset and Renntech. Just want to confirm that it can be done, and also, what is OBC, that you suggest turning on? Boxstersman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliriousga
Yes. It's easy since everything in the Boxster is electronic. All you have to do is replace the current turn signal stalk with one that has the cruise on it. You might as well get the one with cruise and the OBC and you can have everything turned on at once. I'm not sure, but I believe you need to have a dealer turn the cruise on in the computer. The OBC is already turned on (that's why you have the outside temp on the dash). You have to wire the cruise connector and OBC to the new stalk and you're ready to go. If you search Renntech you can find the instructions for wiring everything.

You can order the parts from Sunset Porsche. If you tell them what you are doing, they can look up the small connectors you need to do everything. Make sure they know there is another connector for the OBC if you do that too. When they look it up, most others were only adding cruise control so I ended up having to order the other connector later. Also ask them to add the two self-locking screws that attach the airbag pack to the steering wheel. They need to be replaced after you remove the airbag. The 4-way stalk was ~$150 and the misc. wiring parts were ~$15 plus shipping.

Good luck!
boxstersman is offline   Reply With Quote