View Single Post
Old 07-26-2024, 08:14 AM   #66
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
The Frog is back on stock rear suspension now. I didn't realize until I was well into the job that the modified rear wheel carriers that had been on it were from an S model. I could have just swapped on a pair that I had on the shelf. Instead, I took the base model rears from the parts car along with control arms and struts and put them on the Frog. To keep the parts car semi-driveable I put the S model parts from my shelf onto it along with some blown rear struts. Double the work that I should have done.

It was when I installed the brake rotors back onto the Frog that I realized there was a problem. The rotors that had been on it no longer fit. They rubbed on the calipers. Once I compared the parts that I had taken off with the parts I installed, I realized the problem. Installing a new pair of base model rotors made it all good.

I had planned to swap the damaged axle with one from the parts car, but there was a big difference. On the '04 parts car the axles were bolted to the transmission with M10 bolts instead of the usual M8 bolts. I don't know this history of this car, but it has a factory replacement engine in it. Maybe they put a 987 5-speed transmission in as well? That may explain the high gearing compared to my other 5-speeds.