View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 08:31 AM   #23
maytag
Who's askin'?

It seems like every time I dip back in to this forum, I see another one of these "this forum is dead" threads.

Maybe an unpopular opinion here, but this forum has had a lot of curmudgeon-ry over the years. Many of the old-timers are very rude, and discourage new people from asking questions. You know who you are. [emoji849] (if you want examples, just search my own posts from when I started here 8 or so years ago.)

There are plenty of modifications that can be done to this car with successful results.... despite what the forum peanut gallery would say. And frankly, perhaps the best example of what I'm talking about might be the forum's religion surrounding Jesus (er, I mean Jake) Raby.

Don't misunderstand; I think everyone should be allowed to have their opinions, and voice them in whatever way they like. I'm a guy who will push back, which was the source of some lively threads here several years ago, haha. But I think most would rather go find somewhere more friendly to their new-guy questions and excitement. (Though I don't know where that would be. IMHO, the internet in its entirety has become a very nasty and wholly unfriendly place)

Just my thoughts this morning.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote