View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 03:15 AM   #17
Robert993TT

The Boxster can change between under and oversteer very quickly at the limit. Many years ago I drive the whole lineup from Cayenne, Boxster, Cayman and 911 on an ice lake. All cars had studded tires. Not the ones you use on roads. They gave you excellent control to a limit. The most difficult car to control without the electronic aids on where the Boxsters and Caymans. With the systems activated they were all the same. On normal roads with winter tires and the system activated anyone can use a modern Porsche. It’s the same as any other car out there. Respect the limits and you be fine.

On dry summer roads the limits are high in a Boxster. You need the look out for standing water in heavy rain or when the temperatures are lower and it’s wet. Winters is a must when the conditions demands. With good judgement the Boxster is a safe car to drive in any condition.

As a first car. I don’t know. In many ways I think a front wheel hatchback is a better bet. It’s more practical and can be as fun to drive as a Boxster. Some of my best memories are from a Peugeot 205 Gti.

At 16 you have a whole life ahead of you. Once more experienced you will appreciate nuances more in different cars and can use more of the performance safely.
Robert993TT is offline   Reply With Quote