View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 05:04 AM   #11
ecp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
If the engine is not running smoothly your going to get erratic MAF air flow readings.
The more erratic the engine runs the more erratic the MAF airflow readings will be.

Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few hours???
That will force the ECU to default settings.

Then before you start it re-calibrate the E-gas.
To do that reconnect the battery.
Turn the key to the on position but do not start or crank the engine.
Wait one minute turn key off for 30 seconds.... then restart the car.
See if any of that does any good.

When you say you disconnected the pedal what exactly did you do???

I unplugged the potentiometer under the dash. I unplugged the battery for a bit and it looked like all the fuel trims reset, but still no difference, when I try to clear the codes with durametric they do not go away. That tells me either wiring issue or issue with the ecu, but don’t know where to look.

Should I start testing the grounds to throttle body and MAF? Can I use continuity with my multimeter? I think I found a couple diagrams showing the ground wire for each, and in theory I should have continuity to any ground on the car? The plugs on the ecu look good no corrosion and they’re not loose. I tried wiggling them around to see if a wire on the plug is loose but no resolve. Seems like the wire for the MAF is on the third plug of the ecu from what I’ve found.
Maybe I can test for continuity between the ground on the maf and throttle body as well?
ecp is offline   Reply With Quote