View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
notech

Garage
Post Notech 986 Cayman project build

Hello gents,
I have got a second Porsche Boxster, lapis blue 986S 3.2L year 2000 saved for a few years awaiting for the big moment to shine
I have got it from my neighbour in south of Spain, very cheap as it was sitting for a couple of years on open air parking.
I would look at the car from time to time and the rear roof glass had collapsed and car got rain during winter months. Would start but idle erratically, immobilizer dead on all functions apart starting the car, battery would drain flat in a day. Car was permanently exported from UK so paperwork had to be sorted as well.
I have asked him one day, would he like to sell the car and we agreed on a fair price.
I have fixed the idle with new MAF.
Battery drain was caused by an electrical short of not one but two aftermarket anti-theft devices placed under the carpets/dash with old batteries.
I tried to re-solder few immobilizer path but wasn't able to restore its full functionality. It would some time switch on the ambient light, sometime not, and no central lock functionality over the dashboard button or remote key. At the end I have replaced it with another unit and re-coded with original ECU from a guy in Germany.
I have also stitched the roof glass back but canvas give up with few straps and cracks over the time. It also appeared the roof mechanism has snapped the cable and gears.
Attached Images

Last edited by notech; 10-31-2021 at 12:56 PM.
notech is offline   Reply With Quote