View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 09:55 AM   #14
kbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
If it is done properly it will not throw codes. I don't know you, but I get a sense from your questions and responses that in order to have it done properly you should take the car to a Porsche specific shop to have the swap done. I don't think that a detailed DIY guide exists for this. If you are not familiar with the wiring, fuel system, and electronics, the depth of answers you get here will likely be enough to get you in deep enough to fail and make a more expensive mess for a shop to sort out.

That's my advice for the day.

My advice for the week is; If you have nothing to lose but some time and insignificant cash, go for it. You will learn a lot. You might actually pull it off. If not, failure builds character.
I am very familiar with engine swaps, I have done a couple bmw n54 engine swaps and upgraded turbo things. I am well versed in the world of bmw engine swaps just not Porsche's system, and I am not so much scared of getting the engine in, and there are diagrams on the wiring changes that would need to be done. My fear is more of the ecu management of the new engine. Dealing with immobilizer systems with dealer only codes and stupid systems like that are what gives me fear. But in the grand scheme of things It just seems like a trouble that would be kinda worth it in the long run so if its possible to do it and be smog legal, I might as well buy the new engine. I just need some advice on what ecu to buy from what year and model and what else I would need to do
kbod is offline   Reply With Quote