View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 07:26 PM   #11
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbod View Post
... My question is, what does it take for me to get the 2006 engine in, other than a new engine and a new dme coded to the car, what else is involved in getting that 987 motor in, will i need a new cluster? ignition? and will the engine actually work in there and not throw codes and prevent it from passing smog? those are important points for me, also I want to know what year and model boxster ecu to buy so i dont have to re-map it
If it is done properly it will not throw codes. I don't know you, but I get a sense from your questions and responses that in order to have it done properly you should take the car to a Porsche specific shop to have the swap done. I don't think that a detailed DIY guide exists for this. If you are not familiar with the wiring, fuel system, and electronics, the depth of answers you get here will likely be enough to get you in deep enough to fail and make a more expensive mess for a shop to sort out.

That's my advice for the day.

My advice for the week is; If you have nothing to lose but some time and insignificant cash, go for it. You will learn a lot. You might actually pull it off. If not, failure builds character.