View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 05:34 PM   #9
Gilles

[QUOTE=bcrdukes; I'm now thinking of maybe bringing the car back to stock height. I don't know if I want to stick with the H&R springs anymore. [/QUOTE]

Bcrdukes, The 986 chassis it's an awesome driving machine right out of the box (assuming that all of it's components are in good shape), and with the aftermarket components you just added, it should sharpen the handling noticeable.

IMHO many people lower their cars mainly for looks, some love the lowered stance even if means the added attention required when you are diving a lowered car, like a steep driveway, speed bumps, parking lot curves, etc.,

Why don't you drive it for a couple of days, considering the hazels mentioned above and then decided if the looks and handling alone would make you keep it the way it is now.

PS: if you cross the speed bumps diagonally you can help the scrapping part (you'll get used to fairly quickly..) I had been lowering my cars for about 40+ years and just look the stance of a lowered car, but is not for everyone

Last edited by Gilles; 07-11-2021 at 05:40 PM.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote