View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 06:26 AM   #14
Pilot2519j

Lightbulb

Bummer for you but I think driving style is the likely culprit. I had a 1988 Audi 90 Quattro last me over 120, 000 miles on a original clutch with lots of miles in congested highways, Long Island distressway & Manhattan. The car was far from perfect since it ate 3 generators, no clue why? While I don't baby the car I not one to drop the clutch at 4000 or 5000 rpms either. I started driving sticks in 68 and I always been careful with brakes & clutch. I never race corner to corner. When I see traffic slowdown I downshift rather than stump on the brakes. Driving with prudence does not mean I don't like driving the car sometimes at high speeds and with spirited cornering which I do when road conditions & traffic allow. I drive my car everyday and I have already put 30,000 miles on my 2003S, brakes are fine and the clutch at times is notchy going into second( it must be a German thing since that would happen in my last car 2001 S-4) but that is a few times and far between. I love the car and it seems to be durable. Just examine your driving characteristics and maybe that will change your maintance issues. Just and opinion not an attack to a fellow Group member. Good luck.