View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #56
mrmoto444

@particlewave,

I'm going through the SAI torture process and would love to hear more about your kit to present the "ready" signals. If you could, please send me more information on that kit. I you don't have the kit, I'd be happy to assemble or replicate what I'm guessing is an electronic assembly to present differing signals to the ECU.

Being a total newbie on this forum, I don' think I have privileges to DM you. I hope you catch the reply to this thread. And, thanks for the work you've put into your forum contributions, and kits to date :-)

Hmm... In case you're skeptical about a guy from CA asking for a... "closed-course competition use only, not for highway use" modification, feel free to see some of my other posts from the usual 2-wheel forum I used to hang out on...

https://advrider.com/f/members/mrmoto.6725/

- Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I'm going to go ahead and order the components to make 5-10, but I want to run this one on my car for a good 3-4 weeks to give it a good shakedown and address any bugs that might pop up. I'll try to drive everyday so it cycles the SAI as much as possible and monitor emissions components on the Durametric.

If everything looks good, we can go from there. Sound good?

I don't foresee any issues at all and I would think even California guys could get away with it as the system should show ready and the only time emissions would be high is at cold start. If you drive your car to the emissions check, it shouldn't trigger the SAI when they test it, but that depends on how long it sits before they get to it.
mrmoto444 is offline   Reply With Quote