View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 08:06 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Sorry, not sure if the technical name for it, but y'all know what I'm talking about. Here's my question - I know that everyone says it provides structural integrity to the rear running gear. I can see that being the case, at least the front half of the plate that bridges between the wheel carriers. But has anyone ever tried driving without this plate? I recently reinforced the rear end with a 1" aluminum bar and noticed a real difference in the rear end tightness with high g turns. So this makes me wonder whether these reinforcement bars are actually better at controlling "splaying" of the rear suspension better than the plate and would facilitate ditching the thing. That would leave linear motion at play (front to back) but I don't know if that would actually happen since the virtual A frame struts (notably the track arm) would control this.

No real reason to remove the thing other than it was a bit of a pain to get lined up while reassembling the rear end. Asking more out of curiosity.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
The reason it is a pain to realign is that when assembled, that aluminum panel is under tension and keeping the uprights in their correct position.