View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #11
ike84

An easy "one off" of this type of mod is to get a long drill bit and drill into the internal baffle chambers from the exhaust tips. It has the same effect only no welding required.

I have done a bunch of exhaust mods to mine so here's my take on them (from easiest to hard)

- desnorkle. Just do it. Fantastic intake roar over 4k. Easy to do, no tools required other than philips head screwdriver, and if you're worried about the "cigarette butt in the I take" thing just duct tape some window screen over the inside of the grill.
- drill into internal baffles. Easy to do, the bit will cost you $10. There's is a drone from 2800-3000 but it will subside over time. Some really like this mod. Others (including myself) aren't crazy over it. There's a bit more low range rumble but it verges on the sound of an exhaust leak.
-china muffler. Not bad, a bit better than the baffle drilling, but drone is worse. Db killer inserts into the tailpipes help a bunch with that but then what are you really doing?
- test pipes (secondary cat delete pipes). A fair bit louder than baffle drilling, but if used with stock exhaust will not wind up getting you pulled over. I never tried it with china muffler, but I would imagine it would be quite loud. Note though that the secondary cats actually do most of the emission scrubbing and by deleting them you will fail a sniff test (although you would pass an obd2 test since your readiness checks are all still ok)
-straight pipe! Currently in the process of this using catless long tube headers and pieced together aftermarket 2.5” downpipes. I'm probably going to need hearing aids in a few months.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk