View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
amagalla

Garage
Well, with a lot of patience and an 8mm open wrench, I was able to remove the pipe clamp on the under side of the intake manifold. That allowed me to pull the valve towards the back and get a channel lock wrench on the valve, while at the same time getting a pair of 90deg needle nose pliers on the rubber hose that was stuck to the valve. With a twist, I freed the hose and was able to pull it off the valve. Down below, I removed the rear most plastic pan and disconnected the hose. This let me wiggle the hose and valve out as one piece. With a little heat, I was able to separate the valve from the plastic hose. Now instead of having to pay $240 for the valve with the hose attached, I'll pay $45 for just the valve ($195 for a plastic hose? Really Porsche?).

I tested the valve by applying 12v and at first it was reluctant to open. I think the contacts were dirty or something. After a little bit, the valve worked fine. I'm replacing it anyways.

What else in the system could be causing the jug noise and the p0446 code? I've already changed out the valve attached to the fuel filler, the fuel cap, and the evap canister under the fender. Anything else I'm missing?

Tony

Last edited by amagalla; 12-01-2020 at 02:17 PM.
amagalla is offline   Reply With Quote