View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
victoreric

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the great info. I've asked my mechanic about this and apparently fixing this requires the car to be plugged into a computer since it's resetting the car's computer (I think?) Is this true or can it be done on my own?

If so, I wouldn't mind if you sent me the instructions. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

The Turn Indicator, Wiper/Washer and Cruise Control are a single unit. The OBC stalk is separate (it screws into the rest of the Combo Switch), but not sold separately.

The PN # is 996.613.219.00 and lists for $185-$225USD. An alternative would be to get one from any of the dismantlers around such as LA Porsche Dismantlers or Oklahoma Foreign. Figure about $150 for these.

The switch is really just Plug&Play. If you have any mechanical accumen, there's no need to pay a Dealer or Mechanic to install. It can be done in about 30 min., but does involve removing the Airbag and Steering Wheel. This sounds much more complex than it really is. I've done this 4 times on Boxsters, never had a problem. I can send you step-by-step instructions if you want. PM me and give me your email addy. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
victoreric is offline   Reply With Quote