View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #42
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
But Jim, how can you say this? You have not had any problems with your Boxster. Where's the annoyance?
Hi,

OK Guys, we can Wordsmith all night, but the potential issues with the Boxster are real and well-documented. I don't need to have the RMS drain 9 Qts. of Oil, and create a HazMat cleanup of my Garage floor ($3200 for my Buddy w/ the '04 'S' - PCNA had to pay it), before I'll admit to those potential failures. You can cover your ears and scream LA-LA-LA-LA-LA all you want, but it won't eliminate this very real potential.

Where's the annoyance? The fact that there is a very real (more real than any other car I've owned) possibility that the next turn of the ignition key could trigger disaster. Only a defective ignition switch can assure this doesn't happen (who'd have thought?)...

I would stand more easy were I bmusatti, because I would have the protective warranty blanket to keep me warm, but as a 2nd owner, I don't expect Porsche to raise a finger.

I've owned several Brit cars, and for the record, they don't leak, they just like to mark their territory... There were times in my MGB, or TR3 or Healey, and the like, where I might not have been surprised if the car didn't react at all when I turned the key, but I was reasonably assured that it wouldn't self-destruct either, at least more so than the Boxster.

The car does have it's good points to be sure, and for many these outweigh any of the not so good things. But, others feel differently. I wonder if this may be one reason these cars hold their value so poorly...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 10-25-2006 at 06:02 PM.