View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #6
Homeoboxter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbod View Post
Alright, I just did some more testing. At idle it all seems good and the timing fluctuated but at 3000 rpm bank 2 switches timing quickly but bank 1 takes a while to respond, tonight I plan on testing the solenoid clicks, I previously posted a link to a pelican guide on changing the solenoid, for that all I have to do is lock timing and remove the head covers. But for the tensioner actuator replacement not only it’s a 1,000$ part, it also involves removing the camshaft. and I’ve heard horror stories from other forum members on getting it back together If any of you have access to a video or guide on that job It would be super helpful. But as of right now I’ve concluded it’s not a connection issue and there is just a sticking issue where it takes long to change timing and it takes long to switch back I’ll report back tonight on how testing the solenoid goes.
Once you have the cover off it`s recommended to pull the camshafts anyway, so you can replace the two small chain pads on the actuator. The actuator comes off together with the small chain and the two camshafts as a unit. It`s not difficult to do if you have the correct tools. Take a look at this thread, you may find some useful info: Blue boxster resurrection project
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote