View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 AM   #2
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbod View Post
I recently bought a boxster 2.7 tiptronic. I bought it being told it had a blown head gasket but upon disassembly I realized it was just a coolant hose that blew up, after replacing that the car was back in action, I changed its oil and coolant and saw 0 intermix. the car runs well aside from its shot front engine mount. But along absolutely abysmal fuel economy (11mpg) after driving the car 20 miles it threw a check engine light p1341. There was also an evap leak code. I brought the car home and made sure there was no evap leaks, sealed everything and cleared the codes, after driving another 20 miles the p1341 came back, but that was the only code this time. I also noticed right around when the check engine light kicks on the idle is really low and rough but when I hit the gas the car revs to life and sounds great. I just cleaned the mass air flow sensor, cleaned the throttle body and replaced all 6 spark plugs and inspected the coils. I don't understand what is the cause of the p1341 code that comes randomly without any real issue and how to fix it since the car is due for a smog check. any help is appreciated!!
P1341 is a code relating to a cam timing issue on bank one.
Usually related to the Variocam actuator, Variocam actuator solenoid, or the related wiring.
What year is the car and how many miles?
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote