View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 08:34 AM   #9
KevinH1990

I enjoyed your video.

I am glad you are offering your old seat covers for sale. There is probably someone who will consider them an upgrade. In case anyone is wondering, you can use a passenger seat cover on the driver’s seat. (You will probably want to use a professional to do the work unless you are handy with hog rings and experienced with upholstery.) You may find this thread helpful if you are interested: Seat Heater Install/Seat Leather Swap. The nearly perfect passenger cover from 519AutoTech would be great for this upgrade.

In comparing your OEM covers to your replacements, did the installer indicate which parts of the OEM covers were vinyl and which parts were leather? The parts that you said were smooth on the OEM covers may have been vinyl.

I think the workmanship on the embroidered crests is good and I agree with you that the all black interior could use some color. I might go for something a little more subtle on my car but with speed yellow it adds to the ambience. If you can remove the stick on wood parts without damage, I think you should do it.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 08-30-2020 at 02:02 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote