View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 08:03 AM   #1
lynngarner

Garage
Dipping a Toe in the Water

Good Morning. I am Lynn Garner (male gender) in El Paso Texas. After having brought back two MGB Roadsters from the basket I am considering acquiring a Boxter S. I am currently looking at one that has 93,000 miles on it. Carfax shows no accidents, body and original interior look great, five year old Michelin tires. Carfax also shows no repairs except a front bumper repaint (no clutch, brake, IMS, oil separator, expansion tank repair/replacement, etc). The car looks original to me. Convertible top works and it includes the optional hard top. No oil leaks. So here comes the big question..

If a boxter has made it to 93000 miles, doesn't leak, everything works, no mechanical repairs in its history on any of the usual suspects, am I home free? This car is owned by a wealthy professional and his wife. It seems to be her car. If gently driven can a clutch and brakes last that long? If the IMS and oil separator has made it this far is it not likely to fail? How do you assess the situation? Please pardon my ignorance and/or naivete and give me the full unvarnished opinions. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you. lg
lynngarner is offline   Reply With Quote