View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 AM   #4
z12358

Silverstreak:
"Big Ford and Dodge trucks seem to like to ride my BUTT no matter if I am going the speed limit or 15 over. In fact, this car seems to bring some of the idiots out of the woodwork."

Chills:
"I've also noticed that big trucks like to sit right on my *ss."

If someone is riding my butt I just let them pass me. Even on a two lane road in a no passing zone, I'll just pull over and let them go.

I wish more people did that instead of blocking faster traffic from behind. But I digress...

Actually, when out there driving my Box on some curvy country road, I find that slower vehicles usually let me pass them -- ESPECIALLY big trucks and vans. As if they acknowledge that I'm having a joy ride and this stretch of curves would be wasted driving behind them. I pass and I thank them with a raised hand. Most problematic are the Subaru (and other) station wagons. They do seem to get a bit pedagogical.

And if they don't let me pass them (and there's no passing zone coming), then I just drive VERY slow or even pull over at a point where I can see a large stretch of road behind me. Then I wait to build some distance between me and the slow pokes in front. When enough time has passed and/or I see a car coming from the distance behind me. Then I go, and the stretch is all mine.

Live and let others do the same.

Z.