View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
Phat Hippy

Garage
Just repaired the spoiler system on my 01 986. This is a Porsche non repairable assembly priced at about $1300. for my car. I don't know that much about the 987.

Check your owners manual for the location of the fuses for the spoiler motor. Mine were located in the foot well fuse block. They were good. Then check the relays (2) one for extend and one for retract direction. Both are the same, so maybe swap the as part of trouble shooting. Mine are in the trunk. Mine were good. Micro switches located inside the spoiler assembly was the root cause of my failure, but I had a dash light warning of incomplete function not reaching micro switch, It's quite the learning experience repairing the system and I understand why Porsche only offers the entire assembly. If you are mechanically inclined... I would go for it. What do you have to lose? Time or money! You can probably jump the motor to see if it works. You could also have a manual switch deployment failure in the system if your model has one, not to mention instrument cluster failure. Mine deploys automatically at 75 mph and retracts at 50 mph. If you have a manual switch in the door of the foot well fuse block try it. If it works you have a deeper dive than just fuses and relays... Good luck with it and I hope I helped in some way.
Phat Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote