Thread: Oil & Water
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 01:12 PM   #16
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguy View Post
Maybe just go all-out and put a KIA in it.
You're kidding, right? Honda is appliance, soulless appliance, the antithesis of Porsche.

The Honda engine is going in the next Porsche I get. That's like 100% certain. I'll drive the liquid cooled boxer till it meets its inevitable demise, but when it does, Honda.

Whats not to like about a K series?

They get beaten, smashed, drivin hard put away wet, never get serviced, (to be honest I think they use a timing belt but I've never even recommended one) and nobody ever changes the timing belt(?). And they still last over 200k on a regular.

Stock they almost make the same power... add some boost and they make more. Add a crank, head, and a big turbo and it will make TONS of power.

The engine weighs gobs less than the M96. It just does I don't have a second point here LOL

Kia? Like a 4G69? I gotta say I was apposed to the 4G engines, but after my wife got into the Eclipse and I had to rebuild her engine I'm impressed. I can say that they are very heavy engines; that's why all those guys just boost the living daylights out of them. That 4G block is THICK. I hear that Kia has done well with the platform since they bought it from Mitsubishi, but IDK if the quality has gone down. I'd be skeptical about putting a Kia block in my car. BUT if you want to I support it.

I'm just suggesting if you can't afford a tough built right engine like BYprodriver's then you do have options. You'll have more fun zipping down the road in a Chevy/Honda/Kia powered boxster than looking at an engineless one in your garage.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote