View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #6
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper7821 View Post
Just bought the car and fixing little things the owner told me about.
Womdoering what it could be why the window doesn’t lower the tiny bit to clear the upper channel when purring the handle. Everyhugnelse about it works fine.
When it’s open I push on the top of the window to get it back seated in the track.
Any ideas or suggestions, the motor lowers the window regulator when pulling the handle, the window just doesn’t follow, but rolls down fine after that.
window regulators are common maintenance projects for these cars. After the years, slack in the cables is taken up during normal operation that doesn't result in window lowering. I have replaced all but one of the regulators on my cars through the years and it solved my issues. There are some other issues with the microswitches in the handles that cause intermittent problems also, but these are harder to troubleshoot. A quick search should take you to a number of posts to help you on this.

I am very happy with the URO regulators with ball bearings and haven't experienced any problems with them. Pro trick is to place the rubber on the windows before you try to place it on the holders, it works better.

Arrgh, between writing and posting - what rex said.

Last edited by tonythetiger; 06-24-2020 at 09:20 AM.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote